mredkj.com logo

An update blog for mredkj.com

What's this blog about?

mredkj.com is an unfocused programmer resource from Matt, Eric, and Keith

This blog will keep you up to date with our latest site changes.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

NumberFormat is being DoS'd

It may not exactly be a denial-of-service attack, but the same IP address has repeatedly made requests for NumberFormat151.js and NumberFormat151nc.js (I'm talking hundreds of requests). The server is now responding to those requests with an HTTP code 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but maybe somebody is using a utility to check for updates. Checking the existing files wouldn't help anyway. I don't update any of the .js files once I publish them. I always put up a new file when a new version is released.

If it keeps up, I'll have to find out what my host can do about blocking that IP.

Refer to mredkj page: numberFormat.html

posted by Keith [7/31/2004 01:49:00 AM] - permalink - 0 comments

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment