mredkj.com logo

An update blog for mredkj.com

What's this blog about?

mredkj.com is an unfocused programmer resource from Matt, Eric, and Keith

This blog will keep you up to date with our latest site changes.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

New page - Diet coke commercial

Summary:
The Diet Coke ad where they're rollerskating by the beach.
The song is "Starry Eyed Surprise" by Paul Oakenfold and Shifty.
The principal actress is Nicole Vicius.

More Information - Read my article for details about the commercial and the song.

Below I made a comment about IMDb for commercials. As far as I know, no such thing exists. Read more here.

This blog entry is for discussion about the Diet Coke commercial.

Edited: December 09, 2005

posted by Keith [2/16/2005 11:35:00 PM] - permalink - 67 comments

67 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know who the blonde in the Diet Coke Sparkle commercial is? What's her name, what's her deal? She is absolutely stunning.

Posted [3/18/2005 04:33:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

It would be nice if there were an IMDb for commercials.

Posted [3/18/2005 10:05:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Posted [3/19/2005 03:09:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I would also like to find out who the girl in the “Sparkle” diet coke commercial is… and I am also curious as to where the commercial was shot?

Posted [3/20/2005 04:23:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I also would love to know that blondes name

Posted [3/21/2005 06:11:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Looks like the Diet Coke commercial was filmed on a beach in California. I can tell you it was not filmed in The city of Long Beach a common spot where coke films commercials per the public records . I agree with the IMDb for commercials.

Posted [3/25/2005 12:40:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

OK, I'd like to know the name of this girl also....who is going to do the legwork? I've checked everywhere....

Posted [3/26/2005 03:29:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

has anyone checked with the coke company to find out the blondes name?

Posted [4/18/2005 12:16:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I contacted Coke and got back a form letter saying that the actress did not give consent to have her name released, so they could not answer my question... I know at least 1 other person who got the same response from Coke.

Posted [5/05/2005 09:23:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

that sucks

Posted [5/06/2005 11:05:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

her name is Kate Beckinsale she is the girl from the Underworld movie and van helsing
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20040505_americas_diet_coke_effervescent.html

Posted [5/19/2005 02:41:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

NO, no, no---the blonde haired girl on roller skates is not Kate Beckinsale.

Posted [5/20/2005 10:52:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I love the song! Starry Eyed Surprise - Oakenfold and Shifty wrote it - Shifty singing. Beautiful!

Posted [5/24/2005 01:26:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to whoever posted this site...I've been trying to find out who's song that was forever in the diet coke ad...

p.s. regarding the blonde girl in the ad...she reminds me of a younger Patricia Aruquette circa True Romance days..

- ciao

Posted [6/01/2005 09:54:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

thx whoever posted what the songs name was... ive been tryna find it for a long time.....

and that broad is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint...peace

Posted [6/03/2005 01:33:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

That blond girl in the ad is Nicole Vicious from NY.

Posted [6/06/2005 11:11:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

heres some info bout the "sparkle" diet coke commercial:
the blonde girls top is from La Rok and it the pink sequin halter. its pretty expensive though cuz its made of 100% cashmere (paris hilton has the same one).
the song is "starry eyed surprise" by paul oakenfold, but they olny play the very beginning and the main verse on the commercial.
pretty sure the girl is nicole vicious...people are starting to say she'll be the new diet coke girl...??
the commercial can be seen at dietcoke.com, but its not very good sound though.

Posted [6/07/2005 03:03:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Thanks to those who have posted with comments and information.

As a reminder, I have information about the song and the commercial at http://www.mredkj.com/other/dietcoke.html

I can't confirm that the blonde actress is Nicole Vicious, because there's a lack of information about her on the net. However, here's the IMDb entry for Nicole Vicius.

Here's a blog that speculates she is the diet coke girl.

Posted [6/10/2005 08:53:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

The commercial was filmed at Zuma Beach in Malibu; I've eaten at that FOOD stand a hundred times.

Posted [6/13/2005 12:18:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

This song was used a couple years ago on VH-1 Classics for one of their own ad montages.
The music of the song is also sampled from the great Harry Nillsson's tune "Everybody's Talkin'" from Midnoght Cowboy, written by Fred Neil.

Posted [6/22/2005 10:37:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

The commercial was shot at Zuma Beach in Malibu, there are a lot of rocks and cliffs just a few yards away from the food stand. The girl's nick name is Jilles in ModelMayhem.com She tends to be very discrete.

Paul Sanders

Posted [6/24/2005 06:21:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

I don't know what Diet Coke ad Jilles is in, but I don't think it's the one being discussed.

Decide for yourself

Posted [6/25/2005 02:01:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

the girl Jilles are ModelMayhem.com looks alittle old to be the girl we are talking about, even though Jilles has a clip of the commercial in question up for her pictures. i really hope Jilles isnt her, with lots of makeup, that would just ruin a fantasy of mine.

Posted [6/25/2005 06:22:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

after seeing the picture, comparing Jilles, and Nicole Vicius, i am ready to say its definantly Nicole Vicius. Now who has lots more information about Nicole Vicius?

Posted [6/28/2005 10:26:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Whoever chose such a horrible song should be shot. There's no musical talent there whatsoever.

Posted [6/28/2005 03:42:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

ahhhh finally i found the song starry eyed suprise
hey if any one wants to find out stuff ya know like about the blonde try going to ask jeeves ask.com and jut put your guestion or what your looking for !!!!!! PAYCE

Posted [6/30/2005 08:17:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

The Sparkle girl is Nicole Vicius. She did the virgin phone commercial, she is the voice on Cartoon Network, and she is in the Gus Van Sant movie "Last Days". She is adorable, sweet, and keeps to herself.

Posted [7/08/2005 03:17:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

OK Just for the record "JILLES" is not Nicole Vicius AT ALL....anyway she also did work on "third watch" & all my children....she has another movie coming out this year "voodoo doll" anyone will other information can email cgsgrl1022@yahoo.com I went to the same school as she did

Posted [7/13/2005 05:24:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I have been looking for that song in the rollerskatting commercial since the first time I saw it and finally.....this is the only place I found that has the name of it. I even wrote the coke company asking. Thanks.

Posted [7/24/2005 01:27:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

who is the artist and what is the name of the song in the diet coke commercial when the guy is getting ready in his loft?

Posted [7/29/2005 03:18:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I din't like the adrien Brody ad but this one...... awesome The girl is great and the song rocks. Go Coke company.

Posted [8/06/2005 12:45:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

okay, some of you seem like you know what u are talking about in the commercials so let's see can any of you tell me where I can get a the halter top that the girl is wearing in the coke add?? I have been obsessing about it ever since I saw the commercial. Thanks!

Posted [8/24/2005 05:27:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

I personally don't know anything about the ad's wardrobe, but if you look up the comments a bit, someone posted:

"the blonde girls top is from La Rok and it the pink sequin halter."

Posted [8/24/2005 09:42:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Where can I buy the shirt that the diet coke girl is wearing? LOVE IT!
What brand is it?

Posted [9/14/2005 03:22:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Not sure where you can buy the top.

Do a google search for La Rok pink sequined halter and you'll find a bunch of pages that seem they might sell it, but I couldn't find any places actually selling it.

As I was searching around, I found an old comment at thatpepsigirl blog that mentioned how it's cashmere and that Paris Hilton has the same top.

Posted [9/17/2005 09:41:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Her name IS Nicole Vicius, she's also in the Gus Van Zant film "Last Days". It's about the last days of Kurt Cobain, and Michael Pitt and Asia Argento are also in the film.

Posted [9/18/2005 06:08:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Thanks. I'll update my post to remove the ambiguity of whether the Diet Coke actress is Nicole Vicius or not.

Posted [9/18/2005 06:55:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Nicole Rocks! She is very sweet, and has two upcoming films. One produced by Wim Wenders, and the other film will be out next year.

Posted [9/24/2005 03:07:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

That diet coke girls name is Nicole I can confirm that. However, her last name is not vicius, unless from the time that I knew her she got married. Nonetheless a very nice person and will try to get back in touch with her again.

Posted [9/27/2005 05:01:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know where the necklace she is wearing in the commercial is from? I want one.

Posted [9/28/2005 03:05:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know where I can get the commercial in a download? All I can find is in the coke site through http://mfile.akamai.com/332/asf/cocacola.download.akamai.com/332/corporate/_media/tv/americas_dietcoke_rollergirl_256k.asx

which is streamed so I can't save it.

I'm just trying to test my hypothesis that the girl, the blades, the disco ball would make her awesome for the role of Marvel's Dazzler.

Any help is better than no help!

Posted [10/19/2005 03:29:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

If I could say I fell in love at first sight with a commercial. I would say I fell in love at first sight with Nicole Vicius in that Virgin phone commercial. Oh my god, I would run to the sahara and steal a camel for her.

Posted [10/28/2005 08:52:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

She looks cute in the commercial, but after seeing more pics her face looks a little fucked up. And upon closer investigation her knees are too pointy for my liking.
I would not hit.

-Ebtek

Posted [10/31/2005 02:52:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Posted by Anonymous on 10/19/2005 03:29:47 PM

"I'm just trying to test my hypothesis that the girl, the blades, the disco ball would make her awesome for the role of Marvel's Dazzler."


Thats the exact same thing I thought when I saw the comercial. I was like "hey its Alison Blaire!"

Posted [11/20/2005 07:18:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

That commericial was awsome though and i love that song. i looked every where for it and finaly found it. Thats the kind of song that gets stuck in your head " oh my starry eyed suprise".....

Posted [11/30/2005 09:30:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

that commercial is the best one ever, it is soooo cooool. i am guessing it is venice beach. just makes me dream of being there. they should make it 5 minutes longer
steve

Posted [12/04/2005 09:08:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Glad to know I'm not the only one haunted and intrigued by that wonderful Diet Coke Sparkle commercial! I think it's one of the most visually captivating commercials ever. The blonde is absolutely gorgeous and I love the music! Too bad the Coke people didn't even bother to respond to my requests for the name of the song and artist. Thanks for the blog.

Posted [12/08/2005 11:57:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I would house her.

Posted [12/10/2005 10:41:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

How about the girl in the DLP commercial? The dark haired beauty in the lingerie at the end of the commercial right before the guy gets punched by the girls husband. Anyone know who she is?

Posted [1/22/2006 07:55:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

DLP? Who's the manufacturer?

Posted [1/23/2006 01:15:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I just saw the commercial a couple of minutes ago. It's one of the very few commercials that I can sit thru without changing the channel. The rythm of the music in sync with her skating really is great. Well done!

Posted [2/07/2006 11:55:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

does anyone know where I can download the commercial?

Posted [2/19/2006 11:02:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Here are photos of Nicole!

http://imdb.com/name/nm1656122/photogallery

Posted [2/20/2006 05:59:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Anonymous said...
"does anyone know where I can download the commercial?"

As of right now, it's still up at dietcoke.com as a streaming video. You can also stream it directly at akamai.com as an anonymous poster mentioned earlier.

I don't know where you can download and save it. A while ago I wrote to dietcoke.com support, and they said, "Our ads are specifically set up to prevent streaming, direct links and/or downloading."

Anonymous said...
"Here are photos of Nicole!"

Thanks. A pic of the Diet Coke ad is up there too. (picture taken in Times Square)

Posted [2/20/2006 06:24:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I love this commercial!!! I love the song and the skating. Actually, this commercial has motivated me to learn how to "Jam" skate!!!

Posted [3/01/2006 11:24:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I'm not really sure if the commercial works to sell soft drinks, but it is absolutely delightful to watch. I never tire of that one. In no small part because of Nicole, the bubbles, and the music.

Posted [3/08/2006 09:07:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I'm so glad to know there are others who love this commercial too. Mostly i ignore commercials, but this one I actually love watching. This sounds corny, but i don't know how else to put it - the ad just makes me feel happy. Like these people are as happy as humans can be just skating and being together (who cares about the coke!)

Posted [3/08/2006 09:11:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

The song (by Shifty) is so good! Who made the commercial?

Posted [3/09/2006 03:36:00 AM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Anonymous said...
"Who made the commercial?"

I'm pretty sure the agency responsible for the Rollergirl ad is Foote Cone & Belding. There was a press release from May 05, 2004 at coca-cola.com that said "Advertising for Diet Coke is handled by Foote Cone & Belding/New York"

That particular press release didn't mention the "Roller Girl" ad, so you can refer to this stashmedia.tv page, in which it credits Foote Cone & Belding as the agency and Paul Hunter as the director.

Posted [3/09/2006 04:27:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

My girlfriend was looking for the shirt from the roller girl diet cke commercial thanks to whomever had that shirt info on here... i found the shirt, bought it, and will give it to her soon. She will love me for it....

Posted [3/15/2006 04:02:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

oh...this commercial is so way...cool!!

Posted [4/08/2006 03:56:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

who sings the song "I like the way you move.." in the Diet Coke commercial, with the guy dancing on his bed?

Posted [6/07/2006 12:15:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Anonymous said...
who sings the song "I like the way you move.."

The song is "I Like The Way" performed by Bodyrockers. I already have this info up at mredkj
http://www.mredkj.com/other/dietcoke2.html

Posted [6/07/2006 12:27:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

I love this commercial.I get goose bumps every time I see it.THe gorgeous blonde and the catchy song starry eyed surprise.

Posted [7/09/2006 06:49:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

You should just appreciate the song

Posted [7/19/2006 02:51:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Well - I'm happy to have found out the name of the song, also. Anonymous, I too get goosebumps whenever I see that commercial. I'm a 56-year-old woman. My fascination is with the whole scenario - the music really moves me; the skaters remind me of my children, when they were a little younger; my unrealized dream of moving the California. The whole thing has an ethereal quality, for me.

Posted [10/18/2006 09:14:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

This is probably one of the most perfect commercials ever. The girl is fantastic, the music isuper and the production is trippy. I als was enthralled by the young lady and her sincere looking smile.

Posted [3/07/2007 12:35:00 AM]  

Post a Comment