mredkj.com logo

An update blog for mredkj.com

What's this blog about?

mredkj.com is an unfocused programmer resource from Matt, Eric, and Keith

This blog will keep you up to date with our latest site changes.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

JavaScript - Add options to a select from a new window

tutorial008.html

A couple people sent feedback about an error they were getting when trying to add options from a new window. My recommendation at this time is to remotely call a method that will add the new option. Refer to tutorial008.html for an example.

Update - 2005-09-21
I did some searching for existing solutions, and found this issue has been around a while. One solution worth checking out is in the last post of this devshed thread. Basically, the trick is to increment the length of the options, then reference the new option to set the text and value.

posted by Keith [9/20/2005 11:27:00 PM] - permalink - 5 comments

5 comment(s):

Blogger Tibor Katelbach wrote:

HI
I didn't manage to get the solution list here to because window.opener.addOption(newText, newValue); wasn't recognised object ??
but on the other hand I tested the solution at the end of the devshed post, that one worked .
I don't really know why I couldn't call the opener JS function as you implemented it , but in any case , you gave a solution so thanks anyway.
Regards
Tibor

Posted [11/29/2005 03:48:00 PM]  

Blogger Keith wrote:

Glad the external link could be of assistance.

Too bad you couldn't get mredkj.com example working. If anyone else has problems with my example, let me know. Try to leave as much information about the problem as possible. Thanks.

Posted [11/29/2005 07:49:00 PM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

This is a excellent idea....Thanks

Posted [2/10/2006 03:27:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

While coding today I came across this server exception error throwing up in IE while it was working fine in other browsers. Thankfully I came across your article thru google and sure am glad that you took your valuable time off to post it for the benefit of the developer community. Great work. Thanks.

Posted [4/05/2006 08:09:00 AM]  

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for this write up. I was going to rip all of my hair out if I saw 'Server threw an exeption' one more time.
This was a huge help. Thank you!!!

Posted [2/19/2007 11:58:00 AM]  

Post a Comment